-->
  about     photos     itsan     facebook

Thursday 7 August 2014

Warrior

I've been really getting into yoga lately. My skin is okay, it stings a lot when I sweat but I feel like the exercise is good for me. Yoga's particularly good because it's not too strenuous, the Sun Salutations mean my heart gets racing but it's not too excessive to make me feel like I'm gonna pass out!

It also helps that I've joined a lovely yoga school called White Wolf Yoga which is based in a great venue just on the outskirts of the city that has a rooftop terrace. Yoga on the roof with a cityscape sunset setting, I can't argue with that!

Anyway, I don't know how many of you are familiar with yoga but I'm sure you'll have heard of the Warrior Pose:


It's a great pose and I always spare a thought for all the TSW warriors whenever I take it. I know I've talked about this before but I really can't put across enough how amazing everyone in the community is, we're such a strong, supportive group and I'm proud of us all!

If anyone fancies releasing their inner warrior here's how:

 Keep on keeping on warriors x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    I just wanted to say that your blog is beautiful and so positive! I stopped using steroid cream a couple of days ago after using it on my face for 2-3 months. It's already horribly red and rashy and I'm feeling crappy and anxious about how much worse it's going to get, but it gives me a bit of hope knowing that it'll get better eventually. I do want to know though, do you feel that changing your diet or exercising habits helped your recovery at all? Or do you think that the only thing to do is to wait it out after you stop using steroid cream?

    Thank you!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! So sorry for the slow reply I'm guilty for forgetting to check my comments on the blog, oops.

      Thanks so much, when I started the blog I was a place for me to whinge but I've felt a lot better about things since I started to make it as positive as possible.

      Well done for stopping, I know how scary it can be, I was terrified when I first found ITSAN but I still believe stopping steroids was the best thing I ever did even though it really is an uphill battle sometimes.

      To be honest there's a lot of debate around the subject of diet and excercise. Most people who are healed agree that time is the only thing that can really heal and everything else is just whatever makes you feel good. I havent really changed my diet, I tried to cut out dairy and grains for a while but it made no difference. As for excercise, I've never been much of a gym girl but I find yoga is so calming and relaxing, and as TSW can cause insomnia i find that the nights i've excercised i sleep so much better.
      also a lot of people agree that excercise kicks the body into action and releases a lot of bad toxins, emotionally and physically.

      have you joined the facebook support group? there's lots of advice available there 24/7. the link to the group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/212642132257327/
      if you're not already a member.

      best of luck,
      sarah x

      Delete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    Thanks so much for your reply! At the moment I've cut out gluten and dairy and it's been a real pain, so it's good to hear different opinions about these 'lifestyle' changes. I've been meaning to try out yoga/pilates so good to hear it's helping! I'll be sure to check out the facebook group too.

    Thanks heaps :)

    ReplyDelete